- 3 primary documents to be checked – one from Group 1 and two from Group 1, 2a or 2b. Applicant’s current address must be verified by at least one document.
- One document to be verified from Group 2a and two from Group 2a or 2b. Applicant’s current address must be verified by at least one document. External ID validation of the applicant required through Route Two.
- A certified copy a UK Birth Certificate to be checked (UK and Channel Islands, issued after the time of birth by the General Register Office/relevant authority). Four additional documents from Group 2, including one from Group 2a and three from Group 2a or 2b to be checked as well. Applicant’s current address must be verified by at least one document.
Identity checking guidelines for Disclosure Checks:
Group1 – Primary Trusted Identity Credentials for background check UK
- Valid Passport
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
- Valid Driving License (UK, Isle of Man/Channel Islands)(Full or provisional) –Photo card only if presented with the related counterpart license, will be considered valid (except Jersey)
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands) – issued after the date and time of birth; Full or short forms acceptable for those issued by UK authorities overseas, such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces. (Photocopies not acceptable)
Group2a – Trusted Government/State Issued Documents for UK disclosure
- Valid UK Driving license (old style paper version)
- Valid Non-UK Photo Driving License (valid only for applicants residing outside UK at the time of application)
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)- issued after the time of birth by the General Register Office/relevant authority i.e. Registrars (Photocopies not acceptable)
- Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- Adoption Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- HM Forces ID card (UK)
- Fire Arms Licence (UK and Channel Islands)
Group2b – Financial/Social History Documents
- Mortgage Statement (UK or EEA)** (Non-EEA statements not acceptable)
- Bank/Building Society Statement (UK or EEA)* (Non-EEA statements not acceptable)
- Bank/Building Society Account Opening Confirmation Letter (UK)
- Credit Card Statement (UK or EEA)* (Non-EEA statements not acceptable)
- Financial Statement** – pension, endowment, ISA (UK)
- P45/P60Statement**(UK &Channel islands)
- Council Tax Statement (UK &Channel Islands)**
- Work Permit/Visa (UK)(UK Residence Permit) **
- Utility Bill (UK)* – (Mobile Phone Bills not acceptable)
- Benefit Statement*- Child Allowance, Pension etc.
- Any document from Central/Local Government/Government Agency/Local Authority giving entitlement (UK &Channel Islands)*- from the Department for Work and Pensions ,the Employment Service, Customs & Revenue ,Job Centre ,Job Centre Plus, Social Security etc.
- EU National ID card
- Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK and Channel Islands)
- Letter from Head Teacher or College Principal (16/17 year olds in full time education – (valid only in exceptional cases like exhaustion of all documents)
- * Documents to be less than 3 months old
- ** Documents to be less than or just 12 months
- Rest can be more than 12 months old